March 5, 2011

Breakfast - Bubba's Benny

Well, didn't do so well for breakfast.  I was annoyed our power was out and didn't want to eat cereal with the boys.  Then miraculously the power came on.  I was excited because I knew there were two pieces of bacon left that would go great with a poached egg on toast.  But sadly it turns out the hubby ate the bacon the other day.  "Sigh".  What was I going to do now?    I remembered I had bought some Jimmy Dean sausage that was on sale.  So I forged ahead with the idea of a poached egg on toast with some sausage on the side.  While I was cooking the sausage I was thinking - do I want to just eat this like this?  Then I decided maybe this should be a sausage gravy.  If you've ever been to First Watch they have an extremely decadent menu item called Bubba's Benny.  It's biscuits, poached egg, smothered in sausage gravy.  Mine was different as I didn't have biscuits - used Sara Lee 7-Grain 45 calorie "Delightful".  I made a white roux with some flour and skim milk.  I put the poached egg on the bread and put the sausage gravy on it.  I probably should calculate the calories.  Carb wise I think I'm okay - the bread only has 9 carbs per slice, hardly any carbs in egg and sausage.  The flour was approximately 15-20 carbs.  I'm supposed to only eat 45-60 carbs per meal.  You have no idea how difficult that can be at times!

No comments:

Post a Comment