March 24, 2011

Food Splurge ($$, not calories)

I did something that seemed crazy to me at the time, and still seems crazy. (Hmm, maybe I overstated the first line, the punchline is going to be anti-climactic.)

I paid $6.99 for a jar of pickles. They are all natural, made the old fashioned way (don't ask me what that means) bread and butter pickles. I couldn't resist. I grew up B&B pickles. My Grandma made them. The first time I had a dill pickle, I was not impressed. That was *not* what pickles were supposed to taste like. I've become a little obsessed with them, lately, and the grocery store doesn't have any that don't have high fructose corn syrup. (well, not the grocery store that is not Whole Foods) So, when I saw a huge jar of them, I just couldn't stop myself.....even the outlandish price did not stop me.

So, what about you? What food items have you splurged on?

(And the pickles are delicious, by the way)

No comments:

Post a Comment