March 8, 2011

Here I go again on my own....

I really need to get all the junk I have out of my house and find other ways to reward myself at the end of the day.  But I really really really want that cookie or potato chip.  It will make me feel good inside.  Soothe my mad day away.  Not to get off track but since I mentioned cookies did you know that Keebler now has a Chocolate Chip Cookie made with applesauce?  Chocolate Chip Treasures?  Something like that.  They are soft and chewy.  A nice alternative.  Speaking of applesauce/apples...I found THE BEST treat at Sam's Club.  It's this HUGE bag of Cinnamon Apple Straws.  They are a similar texture to the Veggie Straws if you've had those.  These Apple Straws are aaaaaamazing.  You really get that tart apple taste.  And a serving is 38 straws, 130 calories, 16 carbs, 7 g fat,  2 g fiber, 1 g protein.  I can't stop snacking on them.  I've already counted 38 straws to take to work tomorrow.

I've been watching a lot of weight loss shows lately.  "Too fat for Fifteen", "I Used to be Fat", "Heavy" (haven't watched yet - on the DVR), "Ruby", and tonight I watched the "Biggest Loser - Couples" for the first time this season.  You would think I would be more motivated physically to just "move" by watching these shows but lately the motivation is lacking.  I'm so pumped in the morning and by the time I leave work that feeling is deflated.  I have been working crazy hours so when I don't get home until after 7 the desire to work out is nil.   Do I just not want it enough at this right moment? Is sitting on the couch more important?  I've tried the goal thing.  Like losing so much weight by this person's wedding date, or summer, or whatever.  I seem to start the diet and I'm good for 2 weeks and then one slip-up and I fall off the wagon and its hard to control myself all over again.  <sigh>   All I can say is tomorrow is a new day - every meal is a new opportunity to make the right choice.  

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I so don't know how to blog. I tried to and it ended up somewhere else. Hmm. I'm so not technologically savvy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know how to do it either. I just scrambled around and tried to figure it out. Let me double check that your access is set you contribute.....it wasn't! I sent an invite to your Yahoo account. Now you should be able to post things and not just comment. :)

    ReplyDelete