March 6, 2011

Sunday Breakfast

I have to admit, I was motivated to make a healthy breakfast by the thought of potentially posting and talking about it.

My favorite way to cook is to go through my fridge, dump things together, and see what happens. Rarely do I make something I won't eat, but it's not always a concoction I would force on others, either. I usually cook from recipes when I have people over, as I'm afraid to take the risk that I will go a little too crazy with my spices and no one will like what I make.

So, for breakfast I made scrambled eggs with green peppers, green onions, spinach, tomatoes, and lots of fresh parsley on top. I seasoned it with pepper and sweet curry powder. I have an abundance of curry as I accidentally bought it twice. So, much of what I eat these days is seasoned with curry powder. I read somewhere that it's good for you, so I feel like I'm being extra nice to myself by using it. I also made a smoothie with yogurt, frozen berries, and a little orange juice. It was all very tasty.

Here is a recipe that also uses curry powder than I plan on making soon. I made it once before, and I've been itching to make it, again.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spicy-Vegan-Potato-Curry/Detail.aspx

3 comments:

  1. How were the eggs with curry powder? Until you got to that point, I thought it sounded good, but I'm not sure about curry with my eggs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked them. I've ordered a curried egg salad sandwich before, so I was hoping this would work, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does motivate doesn't it? I think I've had curry before but I don't know if I could explain what it tastes like...

    ReplyDelete