March 5, 2011

Hello Saturday Night!

The day has been busy since my decadent breakfast.  Dishes, picking up the house, went to the Mall with Emily and boy oh boy, so was the rest of Johnson County.  It was like Christmas at the mall.  I could barely find a parking spot. There must have been something going on I wasn't privy too. After the mall I headed to Sam's club were I picked up a tub of spinach so I could try this new shake, "The Green Monster". I'm excited to give this a whirl. 

http://greenmonstermovement.com/?page_id=39

I also picked up a Rotisserie chicken.  For dinner I made mashed potatoes (with some of that new Philadelphia Cooking Creme) and some sauted asparagus. YUM.  Our night consists of babysitting our nieces.  We had to bribe Izzy (3 1/2) to "try" the asparagus.  She was absolutely convinced she didn't like it, before she even took a bite.  I attempted to bribe with candy.  She could have a Hershey kiss if she took a bite of asapargus.  After about 15 minutes of back and forth she finally decided to take a bite.  She said she liked it but didn't want anymore.  Then immediately it was, " where is my candy?"  LOL.  Man, I love this little girl.  Her baby sister, Lily (11 mos), was adorable.  Thought everything was funny.  Thankfully she is sleeping peacefully in her Pack 'n' play right now.  Last time she would not go to sleep and I had to hold her for about 5 hours until her parents came to get her.  Not that I mind holding a baby...but 5 hours is a long time!  Thank goodness I could reach the TV remote.

2 comments:

  1. I *almost* bought asparagus today. When is it in season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhh... I don't know. It looks good at the store! Probably summer

    ReplyDelete