March 21, 2011

I said "no" to cake? wha?

Today is my father in law's 63rd birthday.  Jim calls and tells me his mom made a cake and we should go over to their house.  Well, I had a doctors appointment today at 4:20pm, then off to Target to get my medicine (which took forever because they kept messing it up!)  so I had to call and find out ahead of time to see if there was going to be actual "food".  I cannot leave my doctor's office and have cake for dinner.   But alas, there were a few hot dogs, brats, salad, mac & cheese.  So I had 1 brat, a big salad, and a helping of Kraft mac & cheese.  So then cake/ice cream time comes around.  It's Pineapple Upside Down cake - my FIL's favorite.   Luckily, I'm not a huge fan of pineapple so it wasn't horrible to say no.  Now if it would have been chocolate cake - this story would have a different ending.  This is going to sound cheesy but my hubby brought me a Dr Pepper 10 (DELICIOUS) right before the passing out of the cake and and that really satisfied my sweet craving.  Soon I will start sounding like the commercial and saying Dr Pepper is for dessert.  LOL!

I ate so well today. I've only eaten 1254 calories today.  I want a snack right now but don't know what to eat.  Who wants to eat veggies at 10:30 at night?  I should just chug some water and go to bed.  *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Great job sistah! I unfortunately had that cake tonight, but it was a small sliver, and Ray and I walked to the grocery store, and I did 500 calories on the eliptical - so hopefully that combatted it! This diet stuff is totally for the birds though, I agree! I'll have to try the Dr. Pepper 10, I have been drinking Diet Dr. Pepper for awhile now....but if that's even better - I may have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete